(BPT) – Looking for the perfect getaway? Nestled in the heart of Northern California is a remarkable hidden gem: Downtown Napa. A picturesque, unique place with much more to do than any other small town, Napa attracts a wide variety of travelers, tempting the wine and food lover, plus those who enjoy music, art or shopping.
1. A wine lover’s dream destination: Downtown Napa is home to 35 amazing wine tasting rooms all within walking distance of each other, with many offering exclusive, small-lot production wines. The Downtown Napa Wine Tasting Card lets visitors sip wine at eight of those rooms for only half the price. And it’s not just about the grape – for those who prefer beers or ales, Downtown Napa also has a thriving craft brew scene, featuring Napa’s historic microbrewery, Downtown Joe’s, and acclaimed newcomer Stone Brewing.
2. The ultimate foodie paradise: More than 80 palate-tempting restaurants are there for the tasting in Downtown Napa. Ranging from quick casual snacks to Michelin-starred dining, exceptional options include L’assiette-rated restaurants Angèle, Ca’ Momi Osteria, Charlie Palmer Steak Napa, Compline, Miminashi and Zuzu – to Bib Gourmand-rated restaurants Grace’s Table, Oenotri and Gran Eléctrica – or one-star-rated La Toque. Plan your trip around the bi-monthly DoNapa Culinary Crawl to enjoy specially prepared bites at three locations, along with exciting raffles and prizes. Aspiring chefs and home cooks can hone their skills at the world-class CIA at Copia.
3. One-of-a-kind experiences for art lovers: The Napa ARTwalk is a unique, juried biennial rotating exhibition of public installation art created by artists from all over the Western U.S. The remarkable artworks are free for public viewing year-round, with maps available online and at select locations in Napa. Explore the groundbreaking work of Gordon Huether, an artist who creates extraordinary large-scale art installations for sites around the world. Huether’s marvelous work is viewable around Napa and is created right at his Napa studio.
4. Enjoy great live music: Downtown Napa hosts weekly music events, plus major annual music festivals. For a lively night spot during your stay, check out the headliners at the Uptown Theatre Napa or Blue Note Napa, known for its world-class jazz performances. Live music is featured at many Downtown Napa lodging properties and wine tasting rooms. Visit in May for the BottleRock Napa Valley festival to enjoy a variety of live music, food, wine and brews. Plan a trip in July for Napa Porchfest to see fun performances by local musicians, or come to Napa in August for Blues, Brews & BBQ, featuring some of the Bay Area’s best blues musicians, 20-plus hard-to-find micro-brewed beers and incredible barbecue.
5. Tempting shopping: Visit Oxbow Public Market to find a variety of hidden Napa treasures. Located in the vibrant Oxbow District, Oxbow Public Market is a unique space that is home to many local artisanal vendors. After a day of exciting shopping, guests can enjoy dining on the scenic outdoor deck overlooking the Napa River. Discover the wide variety of adorable boutiques throughout Downtown Napa, offering shoppers products not available anywhere else.
6. Get healthy outdoors: Apart from walking between all of the Downtown Napa restaurants, wine tasting rooms and boutiques, visitors can enjoy hiking or biking in the surrounding area, take a gondola ride or kayak on the Napa River. Complimentary bike rentals are available at many Downtown Napa lodgings.
7. Comfortable, unique accommodations: Downtown Napa offers more than 30 beautiful hotels and 15 charming bed-and-breakfast inns, all within easy walking distance of (and/or providing shuttles to) the vibrant downtown scene. Many lodging properties in Napa are pet-friendly, and some even offer special VIP packages for furry companions.
With so many inviting experiences to offer any kind of visitor, Downtown Napa is also very accessible. The city of Napa is located not far from several airports, including San Francisco International Airport, Oakland International Airport and even Sacramento International Airport. Planning an amazing, one-of-a-kind vacation or a wonderful, spontaneous weekend getaway is easy and fun when your destination is Napa.